Mobile Doctors rises from the ashes of Quindell to target 10% market share


Ross: Realistic growth target

The medical reporting agency that has come out of the other side of being swallowed up by Quindell has announced its intention to capture 100,000 instructions a year by 2021, which would give it more than 10% of the market.

Mobile Doctors, one of the longest-established names in the medical reporting market, said it has made a significant investment in sales and marketing, building a five-strong team in just six months, to help achieve the goal.

Mobile Doctors is already a ‘tier 1’ medical reporting agency for MedCo, which means it has the ability to handle 40,000 referrals (MedCo and others) a year.

The company said in a statement that it “comfortably handles” in excess of that currently – but would not specify by how much for commercial reasons – and said the ambition was to increase this to 100,000 referrals by the end of 2021.

Mobile Doctors was bought by Quindell in 2011, following which it was rebranded and mainly worked on cases referred by other parts of the group, meaning that external clients fell away.

After Slater & Gordon bought Quindell in 2015, it agreed that Mobile Doctors should reclaim its brand and build its external client base back up, as MedCo rules prohibit law firms from referring clients to medical reporting businesses they own.

Mobile Doctors said that nearly 80% of its work was now with other law firms, with more than 400 law firms instructing it through MedCo. The remaining 20% is handling Slater & Gordon’s non-MedCo cases.

Chief operating officer Neil Ross says: “We are in a very competitive market place where everyone has essentially the same product – Mobile Doctors has been able to regain its status through offering both instructing parties and their claimants the highest possible service and ethical standards.

“Our growth since joining the Slater & Gordon Group shows that our ambition of reaching 100,000 instructions is realistic.”

Mr Ross said it was unclear what impact the Civil Liability Bill would have on the medical reporting industry, but added: “I believe that our status as a tier 1 MedCo agency and being part of an organisation with its strategy to strengthen its position as the number one consumer law firm in the UK, will enable us to navigate the reforms successfully.”




Leave a Comment

By clicking Submit you consent to Legal Futures storing your personal data and confirm you have read our Privacy Policy and section 5 of our Terms & Conditions which deals with user-generated content. All comments will be moderated before posting.

Required fields are marked *
Email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Blog

18 October 2018
Claire Stockford

An analogue decision? Google defeats attempt at consumer ‘class action’

In an eagerly awaited judgment, the High Court handed down its ruling in Richard Lloyd v Google LLC on 8 October. It seems clear that there is a degree of reluctance to permit group litigation which will not materially benefit consumers. That being said, it is hard to ignore the increased possibilities of group litigation in the context of corporate data breaches, particularly following the implementation of GDPR earlier this year.

Read More